Bladins International School of Malmö (BISM) is an IB Continuum School located in the central part of Malmö, right next to the beautiful green Pildammsparken. We are authorised to deliver the IB Primary Years and Middle Years Programmes, to approximately 500 students from all over the world. BISM is part of the Bladins Foundation, an independent school in Malmö. Bladins operates as a non-profit foundation which means that any surplus revenue is reinvested into the core business - the education of our students. In addition to the international school, Bladins also runs a Swedish compulsory school, a Swedish upper secondary school and a Swedish preschool.
BISM is now recruiting for the position of Middle School Principal at our unique school, which is committed to delivering high-quality international education to our diverse community.
As Middle School Principal, you will have operational responsibility, as well as budget, student, and staff responsibility within the Middle School section of the school. You will lead results and quality efforts in cooperation with the teachers. You will have a leading and supporting role of teachers, while challenging them in an IB context.
Development efforts are a large and important part of your assignment, and you are expected to actively promote development efforts in areas of pedagogy, work environment and systematic quality work.
About the position
You will have the responsibility as well as opportunity to influence, shape and develop the school. You are a key person in creating a climate that promotes long-term quality and creativity for both employees and students.
As Middle School Principal, you will lead, plan, coordinate, develop and evaluate the school in accordance with local laws and regulations, alongside those of the IB. You will be a part of the school’s senior leadership team. In your role you will also have access and support from our Finance and HR departments.
Job responsibilities include
- Collaborate with SALs, Lead Mentors, teachers, parents and students to provide the best education for each student and assist them in their academic and professional goals.
- Evaluate teachers and other staff members to ensure that the relevant curriculums are adhered to and identify areas of improvement.
- Participate in hiring, training and other employment activities for teachers and other staff members to create a dynamic team.
- Lead professional development programmes for staff and encourage teachers to attend conferences and vocational training to maintain the best professional skills.
- Maintain systems of tracking student academic data and reporting.
Cooperate with mentor teachers in the maintenance of the pastoral care of students.
- Advise and assist in the formulating and reviewing of school policies relevant to necessary IB requirements.
- Promote and coordinate interaction with other IB schools through attending workshops, conferences, school visits and correspondence, in addition to staff participation in curricular development.
- Act as a contact point between the IB regional office and Bladins International School of Malmö on all matters regarding the Programme, ensuring that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines
- Communicate with the IB regional office concerning professional development needs and IB recognized workshops
- Coordinate with the IB regional office regarding the organization and conduct of procedures for programme evaluation visits
- Ensure that all faculty members have access to current IB publications and through the Programme Resource Centre (PRC).
- Oversee internal standardization within the subject/curriculum groups.
- Be involved in parent information sessions/meetings to promote various aspects of the MYP Programme.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Our school is looking for an experienced IB Middle School Principal to manage school operations and provide strong leadership to our teachers and staff members. We are looking for candidates who are eager to influence staff and students and be part of a dynamic leadership team. Through your positive energy, you have the ability to motivate others and the ability to spread the feeling that everything is possible. You encourage others to take initiatives and promote positive attitudes in others. You have the ability to see the bigger picture, but also have attention to detail. You are a calm individual, who is reliable, trustworthy and loyal. You are inspired by working and leading in an academic environment in a solution-driven way showing clear direction. As a leader, you create the conditions for your employees to grow and use their potential. You are clear in your communication, you set well-defined goals that you follow up and you can make difficult decisions.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in education or similar teaching qualification
- Experience as a Vice Principal or a similar school management position
- In depth knowledge and experience of the IB MYP is a requirement
- Experience of working within the Swedish school system is an advantage
Further, you should have
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Swedish is an advantage, but not a requirement for the position
- Strong pedagogical knowledge and skills
- Experience and competence within finance
- Experience working in multicultural and multilingual environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Proven problem-solving and creative thinking skills
To be successful in this role you have the ability to create good relationships with employees, students and other internal and external stakeholders. You are open-minded, flexible and driven by the passion to create the best possible learning environment for the students. Additionally, you have the ability to cooperate and collaborate with management, line managers and program coordinators.
We look forward to receiving your application!
In this recruitment, we are cooperating with Interactive Executive Search.
If you have any questions, please contact Camilla Lohman at firstname.lastname@example.org